I am entering the New Zealand Institute of professional Photographers IRIS awards next year (2018) and am looking for some inspiring stories to help me along my way. Some I have set in stone that I would like but for the others I am not sure what exactly I am looking for, but I will know once I hear your story and if it inspires me to create a unique beautiful (hopefully award winning) portrait, something that you will be able to treasure forever.
This can be anything from identical twins, inspiring parents/extended family, families who have lost a child before and are about to welcome a rainbow baby into their lives through to babies that are beating the odds and going on a journey no baby should ever go on, For example a baby I recently photographed Ruby( in the header photo). Ruby was 14 days old they found a tumour in her spine, which is pressing on her spinal cord and preventing her legs from working properly.
*please note: for newborns these sessions are to be held within two weeks of birth. Please allow a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of due date to be considered, the earlier the better as I hope to shoot these photos in Jan/Feb.
What I currently know I looking for:
- Twin newborn girls
- A newborn girl that comes with a great grandfather (or great great)
- Babies of all ethnicity due anyday now or already born for a shoot Tuesday the 30th of January babies need to be 20 days or younger . I need a various range of cultures, Indian, Chinese, Maori etc.
The Families Receive:
- Photography session
- Full Professional retouching of the images
- All final images digitally in colour and black and white
- 1 matted print of a chosen image
- Sessions will take place in the residential studio in Burnside or on location (depending on the creative nature of the shoot).
- Styling and other information will also be planned prior to the session.
To apply or to nominate someone you know for one of these sessions:
Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.